David Allen Adams
Echoes of Heroes
Placing Hero’s modern socket to my ear,
I see the reverberating valor
I hear the truth through his own teeth
It was then Hero your head rind whispered;
“Where was my white ones? ”
I knew the answer…smugly I reply;
“Hero, it is where your black once was.”
You then Hero, Understood.
As I pull from the topless jaw a few spare. Ruby carved an ‘X’ on your skull Hero
She dropped it / then we both walked the (he) ck away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echoes of Heroes by David Allen Adams )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan