The crow is quite an amazing creature,
Clothed in magnificent black, adorned with a lovely grey dash.
He flies high, he flies low,
Just sits on a branch twiddling his toe.
Is equally at home perching on a Bill board, or a Traffic signal,
Looking left then right, making crow sense of life.
Sometimes he decides to gather in hundreds, across electrical wires, or suspension bridges,
Sitting silently, communicating in telepathy, deciding on a grand strategy,
A few odd ones always sit looking the other way, no one minds,
It seems in crow society there is value for dissent of minds.
I have roamed quite a bit of my country's soil
There was no place, where he was not there to greet me and crow,
He tells me in confidence, I am here to stay, to compete, throw what you can at me,
This is a fight till my Crow in me is finished.
I admire this creature, his grasp of zeal, powered so well,
By his limited souls swell.
As humans we don't like competition, Crows perhaps don't know competition,
I am reminded of an old superstitious saying,
If the crow shits on your scalp,
Your old man is scheduled for a meeting with death.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Eating Crow by Hardik Vaidya )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid