James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
DWD AND THE ESTABLISHMENT... MAR 22ND,2013
DWD AND THE ESTABLISHMENT MAR 22ND,2013
The isolated Ottawa establishment couldn't care less,
About you down there and your death-with-dignity request,
Because death-with-dignity is not on their agenda,
You are a nobody so listen to their propaganda.
They oppose any and all radical political change,
Therefore death-with-dignity will never be arranged,
And without binding referendums; there's nothing we can do,
We are completely helpless as we all wait to die on cue.
This is serious life-and-death stuff so we should take care,
Death will eventually happen to you so we have to beware,
But various religions decided suicide was a sin,
It's no great reason why we the people should never win.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.