Mallika Achuthan Menon
From dawn to dusk without a stop
The sun was shuttling east to west
As it was never ending course of action,
He needed some rest so badly.
Mighty ocean mother of the sun,
Welcomed him with love and warmth
Slowly he sank in her lap
And sleep had gently sealed his eyes.
Spontaneously there occurred
Dawn of the dusk and withering of a day.
The twilight therefore came into view
from the pyre of the day as usual.
The winsome dusk shyly smiled
that blush had at once reflected
as crimson clouds up in the sky.
From the snow capped steep mountains
One tiny cloud of mist flew down
A flowing silk gown of glowing white
She bestowed the dusk willingly.
The twilight watched the waterlily,
the lady love of moon.
A lot of them were intermingled
and had bloomed in different shades.
Tinkling sound of twilight's anklet
woke them up from the sleep
The silver moon rays fondled them well
and had seen their smiling faces.
Then and there both of them got
an accomplishment for their love
The dusk had seen the scene indeed
But she was listening carefully
the well acquainted foot steps
of her lover, the night, anxiously!
The level of patience had decreased steadily
and could not endure any more waiting,
Her soliloquies thus went on and on
They got drenched in her own tears!
The night fell on earth abruptly
by giving the dusk a sigh of relief.
When he gently embraced the dusk
an eternal love glittered his eyes.
He tried his best while titivating her
With a lovely necklace, his sign of love!
Twinkling stars just turned
into its string of jewels and
the comely moon as its pendent.
They both got melted into one
to become one, once again!
Mallika Achuthan Menon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dusk by Mallika Achuthan Menon )
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)