My days are spent writing poems for you
To the sensual airs of Chopin;
But your silence is all that you give to me,
Just silence, my dear ungrateful man
I carefully select each precious word,
But I doubt that you even care;
Were my eyes intended only for crying.....
And my hands just for clasping in prayer?
I'm not asking for all of your love,
Just give me whatever you can;
I'll walk through flames to your outstretched arms
If this is what you demand
Forever, I dream with my eyes wide open,
Living a life that's not real;
Imagining love that doesn't exist,
With unending tears to conceal
(Don't expect my words to make much sense,
Not today...... the wine is dictating.....
And it moves my pen across the page,
I don't fight it - my ideas were stagnating)
Last night, I imagined you came to me
As a spirit..... no, I don't know why!
The sun and the moon were shining at once,
Crystal stars were dotting the sky
You smiled, then you told me you adore me,
I flew away, but I don't know how;
Kissing your lips, I became drunk with love,
But that's all I remember now
I could only offer you love and a smile,
My treasures are but these precious few;
And when that's all gone...... oh, I know,
I'll save the last dance for you!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drunken Desire by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Excitement, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Impulse, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Awaiting you, Pradiptakumar Mohanty