Droplets of ideas
Slip the shackles of this clumsy world,
Step sideways into the world of confusion,
A plane of existence without end.
The wellspring whose tributaries flow into each of us
Droplets of ideas trickling into the verdant gardens of our minds
Or the broken, cracked deserts within us.
Each drops landing on either a flower,
Or sending a gentle puff of dust into the air,
The desert grows into a garden from a single idea,
The garden grows into a well tended grove,
The grove grows into a tumultuous forest....
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Droplets of ideas by Mahfooz Ali )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan