Drop The Self-Importance
Self-awareness is the product of ego,
That demands attention and acceptance
And feels importance and self-worth as well.
It earns us no food, no money, no kinds.
Yet relentless efforts and money are put
To earn no gain, physical or material.
In case it fails, dissatisfaction will mount.
Self-awareness dissolved, much worries drop,
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drop The Self-Importance by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Sons And Daughters, Edward Kofi Louis
- An Army Of Occupation, Tony Adah
- Mr. Bonga and Mr. Donga, Aftab Alam
- Under The Muse Of The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah