Drona was supposed to be a guru,
He asked for the thumb of his student,
An Archer of all Archers,
He did not want Arjuna to loose,
At the hands of Ekalavya.
India commemorates sportsmanship,
By honouring the best coaches in sports,
With Dronacharya awards.
I always knew the government was dumb,
I always knew it was bland and smelled of dung,
But I never knew it was so blatantly vulgar,
And spiritedly nude.
Eklavya was lucky, it was only a thumb.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dronacharya Awards by Hardik Vaidya )
- Mr. Bonga and Mr. Donga, Aftab Alam
- Under The Muse Of The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam