Down Zhongnan Mountain
Down the blue mountain in the evening,
Moonlight was my homeward escort.
Looking back, I saw my path
Lie in levels of deep shadow....
I was passing the farm-house of a friend,
When his children called from a gate of thorn
And led me twining through jade bamboos
Where green vines caught and held my clothes.
And I was glad of a chance to rest
And glad of a chance to drink with my friend....
We sang to the tune of the wind in the pines;
And we finished our songs as the stars went down,
When, I being drunk and my friend more than happy,
Between us we forgot the world.
Li Po's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Down Zhongnan Mountain by Li Po )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- rain night, Omobude Saint perry
- I Will Miss You (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- HEAVEN - IS WHAT I CANNOT REACH! الجنة ه.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Need An Excitement Pill, Ronald Chapman
- chicken curry, lee fones
- I Miss You, Ronald Chapman
- far gone, Omobude Saint perry
- venture blood, Omobude Saint perry
- I Met My One, Ronald Chapman
- to my trouble heart, Omobude Saint perry