1) The 'anything goes' need of elected officials to fund their re-election campaigns with big business money, bringing the possibility of 'influence peddling.'
2) The obsolete inability of Federal jurors to supervise and regulate state agencies that broker the well-being of their people.
3) The meddling of private interest in such agencies, opening the door for corruption.
1) extended, 'one time only' terms. Travel time is no longer what it was. It doesn't take a week to get to Washington. Eliminate lobbies.
2) Federal supervision and regulation of pertinent state agencies that
broker the well-being of their peoples. Let every state be not Illinois, but 'the land of Lincoln.'
3) Forbid and penalize the meddling of private interest in the process of government.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.