1) The 'anything goes' need of elected officials to fund their re-election campaigns with big business money, bringing the possibility of 'influence peddling.'
2) The obsolete inability of Federal jurors to supervise and regulate state agencies that broker the well-being of their people.
3) The meddling of private interest in such agencies, opening the door for corruption.
1) extended, 'one time only' terms. Travel time is no longer what it was. It doesn't take a week to get to Washington. Eliminate lobbies.
2) Federal supervision and regulation of pertinent state agencies that
broker the well-being of their peoples. Let every state be not Illinois, but 'the land of Lincoln.'
3) Forbid and penalize the meddling of private interest in the process of government.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diotima's Complaint by Morgan Michaels )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.36, Monk E. Biz
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
- Jadavpur Campus Not For Naxalism, Love A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)