1) The 'anything goes' need of elected officials to fund their re-election campaigns with big business money, bringing the possibility of 'influence peddling.'
2) The obsolete inability of Federal jurors to supervise and regulate state agencies that broker the well-being of their people.
3) The meddling of private interest in such agencies, opening the door for corruption.
1) extended, 'one time only' terms. Travel time is no longer what it was. It doesn't take a week to get to Washington. Eliminate lobbies.
2) Federal supervision and regulation of pertinent state agencies that
broker the well-being of their peoples. Let every state be not Illinois, but 'the land of Lincoln.'
3) Forbid and penalize the meddling of private interest in the process of government.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diotima's Complaint by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess