1) The 'anything goes' need of elected officials to fund their re-election campaigns with big business money, bringing the possibility of 'influence peddling.'
2) The obsolete inability of Federal jurors to supervise and regulate state agencies that broker the well-being of their people.
3) The meddling of private interest in such agencies, opening the door for corruption.
1) extended, 'one time only' terms. Travel time is no longer what it was. It doesn't take a week to get to Washington. Eliminate lobbies.
2) Federal supervision and regulation of pertinent state agencies that
broker the well-being of their peoples. Let every state be not Illinois, but 'the land of Lincoln.'
3) Forbid and penalize the meddling of private interest in the process of government.
Comments about this poem (Diotima's Complaint by Morgan Michaels )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
William Ernest Henley
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings