Yin And Yang
Once I lived with Yin
Nights, we sat by lamplight
waiting for the commercial breaks on TV
Her freshly pressed dress brushed my knee.
She did her knitting. I ate the tasty bits
she slid from the micro-wave
like kisses, during
the dicier parts of Masterpiece Theater.
But one night, in a tumultuous thunderstorm
as rain rattled the windowpane
and off the roof ricocheted big hails,
the front door burst open:
In flew Yang and out ran Yin
with a shout
through the back door, holding her head-
Yang took her place on the couch
Down came her stockings.
'What's cooking? ' she drawled.
Out went the lamp.
Then Yang lit about the room
like the Northern Lights in a pizza oven
Different enough, ok-
then she did a sort of dance
gestural and symbolic;
Fascinated, I began to see things her way.
She said she'd heard of me
and wanted to see for herself;
how she'd poisoned her third husband
(it was too good)
but only to be free-
That did it.
'Whoa. too much information....'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yin And Yang by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL