Yin And Yang
Once I lived with Yin
Nights, we sat by lamplight
waiting for the commercial breaks on TV
Her freshly pressed dress brushed my knee.
She did her knitting. I ate the tasty bits
she slid from the micro-wave
like kisses, during
the dicier parts of Masterpiece Theater.
But one night, in a tumultuous thunderstorm
as rain rattled the windowpane
and off the roof ricocheted big hails,
the front door burst open:
In flew Yang and out ran Yin
with a shout
through the back door, holding her head-
Yang took her place on the couch
Down came her stockings.
'What's cooking? ' she drawled.
Out went the lamp.
Then Yang lit about the room
like the Northern Lights in a pizza oven
Different enough, ok-
then she did a sort of dance
gestural and symbolic;
Fascinated, I began to see things her way.
She said she'd heard of me
and wanted to see for herself;
how she'd poisoned her third husband
(it was too good)
but only to be free-
That did it.
'Whoa. too much information....'
Morgan Michaels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yin And Yang by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno
- C a s t l e ~of~ S p i r i t s..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty
- Life Be Too Short For 'o Ruing..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Bless You Always, Michael P. McParland
- ' The Misunderstanding Of Poetry..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR