Diego’s mom takes bonding lessons in a home study course
The first day home
she touched him
the way you approach
a not so familiar porcupine
nice and slow
the second day
after leaving the maternity ward
she held him
as if he was
a 20 lb. sack of potatoes
close but awkward
the third day
she caressed him
like a crossword puzzle
touching each different little piece
starting to become familiar
as she laid him on the bed
of the growing image of our new son
smiles and love
Poet Other Poems
- A “Z” is more then the last letter of th...
- Assasination Day
- Baby in the bathwater
- B-I-N-G-O is not a four letter word
- College wrestling my freshmen year
- Courage is setting yourself free
- Diego’s mom takes bonding lessons in a h...
- Diego’s ninety day follow-up check in
- Divorce is one of the easier reasons to ...
- Eightyfive pound Racine Junior High Scho...
- Electronic Touching
- Eyewitness to shooting that could have b...
- Fathers Day Poem (...a day late...)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.