A “Z” is more then the last letter of the alphabet…
My father proudly showed me
his new birth certificate
that had our last name Mireles
spelled with a “z”
instead of “s’
He said that my grandfather couldn’t write
at the time
and the young doctor thought
he said “s”
when he sounded it out
and that’s how it was changed
is it really that much of a difference
would my ancestors
have approved of it?
…would they have even noticed?
A “z: is very defiant, sharp and bold….
while an “s” is smooth, curvy and soft…
I guess the best answer
to my dilemma
could be found on an old television show
where a masked man
with noble Spanish blood
used a slashing sword
to leave his mark
on the world
Poet Other Poems
- A “Z” is more then the last letter of th...
- Assasination Day
- Baby in the bathwater
- B-I-N-G-O is not a four letter word
- College wrestling my freshmen year
- Courage is setting yourself free
- Diego’s mom takes bonding lessons in a h...
- Diego’s ninety day follow-up check in
- Divorce is one of the easier reasons to ...
- Eightyfive pound Racine Junior High Scho...
- Electronic Touching
- Eyewitness to shooting that could have b...
- Fathers Day Poem (...a day late...)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.