When I walked daily in despair,
How fickled spirits fly
When hope became a daily pain -
Despair a nightly sty.
Until a bridge loomed up ahead -
I dared to walk across
And leave my heart there on the bank
Contented with the loss.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DESPAIR by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart