RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Quietly cogitating alone in a corner, searching for
indescribable words to lighten a boring time.
Distinguishing lacy meanings and abstract ideas of
creativity, while watching dizzy visions spinning
in and out of subconscious reasoning.
Logic taking a back seat, because I feel so unreason-
able in my thinking today.
Unruly thoughts and quirky images turning my mind's
life in it's circumference, wrecking it's composure
and raking it into piles of poems for today's quest,
a never-ending filling of deep abysses, always
sitting within me.
When one seems to be totally full, I look and feel
around inside and find - no, I'm empty - I need more
to try and sate my being's mind.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deep Abysses by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- One-way Mirror, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)