Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Deciding To Achieve Happiness
Deciding to achieve happiness effectively,
Without the stress from others to get...
As a special delivery to accept.
Don't do it and refuse.
And knowing the doing of this,
A success like this can be demanded...
Will never experience a peace of mind,
As if to pursue it is cheaply to get...
At a flea market to uncover a bargain.
Searching for bargains like this is nearly hopeless.
Happiness with a peace of mind deserved,
Is a process that has to be experienced and earned.
And one one feels the beginning of this process,
Starting to heal with a calmness revealed...
An acceptance of one's success has arrived.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.