Lawrence S. Pertillar
Deciding To Achieve Happiness
Deciding to achieve happiness effectively,
Without the stress from others to get...
As a special delivery to accept.
Don't do it and refuse.
And knowing the doing of this,
A success like this can be demanded...
Will never experience a peace of mind,
As if to pursue it is cheaply to get...
At a flea market to uncover a bargain.
Searching for bargains like this is nearly hopeless.
Happiness with a peace of mind deserved,
Is a process that has to be experienced and earned.
And one one feels the beginning of this process,
Starting to heal with a calmness revealed...
An acceptance of one's success has arrived.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deciding To Achieve Happiness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven, William Butler Yeats
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
Robert Laurence Binyon
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(10 December 1824 – 18 September 1905)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)