rosalinda flores rosevoc
December Sonnets 1. Joy
December! Happy days of waiting here!
For You, to us, come after toil and grief
Christmas lights and stars adorned colored wreaths
December joy, grace brushed, in eyes of tears.
Salvation, gentle God, cast away fear
Justice sought, to God’s lands, punish ill thief
Thy power of light, can’t blame, can’t deceive
Because born is Jesus with us, be near!
And after November of all Saints day
Past memories of death, but life anew
Chant our hearts, in faithful, bright joyful ways!
At break of day arising heaven’s gate
Hearts singing loud, dear Father God in faith
Dear Holy Spirit, we are touched by You.
rosalinda flores rosevoc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
/ An Italian Sonnet
Comments about this poem (December Sonnets 1. Joy by rosalinda flores rosevoc )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)