rosalinda flores rosevoc
All Times of December
You live in this, and dwell in my eyes all times of December
We’d feast in the smoking patio with carols and lanterns of gold
We have always been good together; days, months, years
Father and child, child and father!
Perhaps thirty days or nine days of Christmas close to union in the Eucharist
I could have told you more stories, one thousand and one nights, or we could have laughed more - together
But in November, you bade goodbye, for all Saints day
I have realized how perfect you could be: my zeal!
And how beautiful the Cathedral lights shine!
And that is why you brought me there, in days of youth
Like nectar, the rice cake in my mouth stays
Like Jesus, the Bread you break, in me, lives
So shall Christmas be…
Peace on earth, goodwill to men!
So shall Christmas be...
Love on earth, life eternal!
So shall Christmas be…
You and me all times of December.
How beautiful when the Cathedral lights shine!
How perfect in God, all, we would be!
rosalinda flores rosevoc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
/in memory of father joe dizon
Comments about this poem (All Times of December by rosalinda flores rosevoc )
- Seal, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku ghazal (boond) हाइकू ग़ज़ल, S.D. TIWARI
- Behave like dog and not human, Aftab Alam
- A Pavane for the Nursery, William Jay Smith
- The Toaster, William Jay Smith
- The Floor and the Ceiling, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (91-95), S.D. TIWARI
- Polar Bear, William Jay Smith
- Penguin, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (81-90), S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)