Is It Poetry
Death, How I Invited It
How it holds the key I never held.
The snake and it's fangs,
it could not fell.
The fall from mountain tops.
One broken collar bone.
A lit match dropped into gas.
It never did explode.
Standing on a shark that never bit.
the wires fell on my truck.
From hood to hitch.
The gun put in my face,
that did not fire.
The knife into my side,
I did not die.
The overdose at twenty five.
And the coma I awoke from.
goes on ad on, to long I did not die.
Black widow spiders made me cry.
I know not why.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death, How I Invited It by Is It Poetry )
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)