I got the word today
I'm gonna die
by nest Thursday.
How do I break the news
to my adorable wife?
and what will my children do
without Daddy in their life?
As for myself
I'm amazingly calm
contented by the words
in the 68th psalm.
'Let God arise,
let his enemies
let them also
that hate him
flee before him.'
At the moment of death
I shall feel victorious
for the life I led
and the dreams I've awakened
in my loved ones.
Come sweet death
I am all the more eager
for I am on my way
to a glorious adventure.
greg richardson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by greg richardson )
- Chili con carne in september, Madrason writer
- IN SINS BONDAGE, Dominic George
- HOMO SAPIEN: PERCEPTION OF BEAUTY, Dominic George
- Discipline and decorum., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I SECRETLY LIKE YOU (haiku), Dominic George
- THE DAY WE HOPE TO APPEAR HANDSOME, Dominic George
- CALAMITY WITH THE MALE CONCUBINE (fiction), Dominic George
- IN THE REALM OF A BEGINNER'S SOUL, Dominic George
- UGLY?, Dominic George
- KILL THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)