I got the word today
I'm gonna die
by nest Thursday.
How do I break the news
to my adorable wife?
and what will my children do
without Daddy in their life?
As for myself
I'm amazingly calm
contented by the words
in the 68th psalm.
'Let God arise,
let his enemies
let them also
that hate him
flee before him.'
At the moment of death
I shall feel victorious
for the life I led
and the dreams I've awakened
in my loved ones.
Come sweet death
I am all the more eager
for I am on my way
to a glorious adventure.
greg richardson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by greg richardson )
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)