I got the word today
I'm gonna die
by nest Thursday.
How do I break the news
to my adorable wife?
and what will my children do
without Daddy in their life?
As for myself
I'm amazingly calm
contented by the words
in the 68th psalm.
'Let God arise,
let his enemies
let them also
that hate him
flee before him.'
At the moment of death
I shall feel victorious
for the life I led
and the dreams I've awakened
in my loved ones.
Come sweet death
I am all the more eager
for I am on my way
to a glorious adventure.
greg richardson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by greg richardson )
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
- A. A. Anzarannii As An Indian English Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- From My List of Annoyances, Jeff Gangwer
- When A Flower Glooms, Eshan Gupta
- A Wealth, Like Truth, Jeff Gangwer
- "If I believed in your heaven...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)