In the meadow I see them swaying in the wind
like yellow patches of sunshine
throughout the green field
and with their golden crowns bowing
they are beautiful in their simplicity.
There are hundreds of them
and to other people they may be weeds
but I look at them and I do adore them
and they bring a softness and joy into my heart,
the colour of warmth and the summer sun.
I pick bunches of dandelions
and weave them into a crown
and wear them as I look up into the sky.
The clouds are gathering
for the first spring rain
and I look at the dandelions
as they sway in the wind
and I know that winter is gone
and that summer has come
and when the rain starts to fall
both I and the dandelions are drenched
while we are dancing with joy.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dandelions by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar
- What a scene, hasmukh amathalal
- Pastoral, Naveed Khalid