Leaves dance in profusion
as the sunset breezes blow
their shadows move in rhythmic motions
pirouetting on any object near.
All resident shadows glide
beneath a sunset glow
creating a world of movement
until they fall asleep
under the nights black gown.
The moon will soon arrive
with silver fingers stretching
across the black maw of night
and the Dancing shadows
turn silver under the moonlight.
8 June 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing Shadows by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi