Cove Bay Narcissist
I broke the hotel mirror,
and worried and worried,
while we tinkered over that
I'm going to use a slate in future!
Until God threw black ink
out into the sky,
and I jumped up - grabbed my camera,
Oh! seven years!
who cares - my whole existence is crap,
and so much failure!
Then I was crying in the toilet,
and shitting at the same time...
the truth is out there somewhere?
but the ink spread fast,
like kids black paint in water,
and then I missed it all
and cried again,
wondering if I should visit
tell them why I did it!
my whole self image went
crashing to the floor,
Drink the demon,
for i couldn't stand
the ego, the reasons I've failed,
and all the people I've let down...
ah! shit, this is it!
and I want the small world,
i live in, to know that!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cove Bay Narcissist by GRANT FRASER )
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- soon. chapter 3., Mandolyn ...
- soon. chapter 2, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)