Cove Bay Narcissist
I broke the hotel mirror,
and worried and worried,
while we tinkered over that
I'm going to use a slate in future!
Until God threw black ink
out into the sky,
and I jumped up - grabbed my camera,
Oh! seven years!
who cares - my whole existence is crap,
and so much failure!
Then I was crying in the toilet,
and shitting at the same time...
the truth is out there somewhere?
but the ink spread fast,
like kids black paint in water,
and then I missed it all
and cried again,
wondering if I should visit
tell them why I did it!
my whole self image went
crashing to the floor,
Drink the demon,
for i couldn't stand
the ego, the reasons I've failed,
and all the people I've let down...
ah! shit, this is it!
and I want the small world,
i live in, to know that!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cove Bay Narcissist by GRANT FRASER )
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
- Futile Peace Troll, Aftab Alam
- Dragons, David Griebel
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)