Consumption Of The Soul
Blood pours out like a river from the wound
Of my heart that the death consume
Of love once live that did thrive
Is now all gone
Why must she go?
Leave me in shame?
Let angels blood pour again!
For death has wreaked upon me in vain!
And bane me from the rotting frame
Death has taken place in this game
Of love and life, no longer the same
Will this confusion ever pass?
Does the swallow fly the safer path?
Or does it go the faster flight?
Does the mind turn to light?
Or does it leave with the heart in sight?
When death and hate come to might
Demons awaken! Hate come forth!
Let life and love be slain and shorn!
For no hope remains in the broken quartz
That once did shine, yet shines no more
For it has been dimmed by death so warm
What hope live on in broken bones?
They hold on to darkened tomes
That once upon a time shined with glorious stone
The evil that awakens upon a love forlorn
A death above deaths awaits me with scorn
Hopelessness lies among the flies
Of my rotting corpse so warm
And in the sweet mist
Of my lovely reminisce
Lies a foul malodorous scent
That thrives on within hopelessness
The dark beasts arrive, and angels quiver
Upon the rock of love that is a river
The River Styx that does deliver
Loves final breath that from your lips shiver
So to this time we raise our glasses
As the dark beasts of Hell destroy the masses
Our love that was comes to a halt
So to this time we all do fall
To the death that comes it is our own fault
Alex Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consumption Of The Soul by Alex Fischer )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)