Consumption Of The Soul
Blood pours out like a river from the wound
Of my heart that the death consume
Of love once live that did thrive
Is now all gone
Why must she go?
Leave me in shame?
Let angels blood pour again!
For death has wreaked upon me in vain!
And bane me from the rotting frame
Death has taken place in this game
Of love and life, no longer the same
Will this confusion ever pass?
Does the swallow fly the safer path?
Or does it go the faster flight?
Does the mind turn to light?
Or does it leave with the heart in sight?
When death and hate come to might
Demons awaken! Hate come forth!
Let life and love be slain and shorn!
For no hope remains in the broken quartz
That once did shine, yet shines no more
For it has been dimmed by death so warm
What hope live on in broken bones?
They hold on to darkened tomes
That once upon a time shined with glorious stone
The evil that awakens upon a love forlorn
A death above deaths awaits me with scorn
Hopelessness lies among the flies
Of my rotting corpse so warm
And in the sweet mist
Of my lovely reminisce
Lies a foul malodorous scent
That thrives on within hopelessness
The dark beasts arrive, and angels quiver
Upon the rock of love that is a river
The River Styx that does deliver
Loves final breath that from your lips shiver
So to this time we raise our glasses
As the dark beasts of Hell destroy the masses
Our love that was comes to a halt
So to this time we all do fall
To the death that comes it is our own fault
Alex Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consumption Of The Soul by Alex Fischer )
- চান যা পাবেন তা!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Purposeful Enigma, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Coming Of Harmattan, Tony Adah
- Pursuing Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Innocense, ekta mudgal
- What Would Happen, IF I Were Unseen?, Mr. Nobody
- The Buried Past, David Lewis Paget
- Individual Predicaments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Limerick-1(GIRL-FRIEND OR GRANNY), Saheb Mohapatra
- Question Of Faith, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)