Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Console Thou My Heart
Why do I have to swim this ocean of pains:
Stream of of coldness,
Why do I have to lurk upon this nymph of sorrow?
Crying agony upon the beating cymbals of anguish
While the drumbeat of sadness echoes deep in my heart?
Tell me WHY?
To whom shall I lay this jeremiad?
You left my world so cold,
No one to press me unto a bossom of consolation.
My peace all gone cos you're not there to hold my hand,
Behold me now like a chaff and
You lie sleeping with no disturbance while
In this cold world of freezing tears
I tread the path of agony.
Where is thy smile to teach me the path of love?
Where is thy sirenic voice to chant me hums
To open my heart to a wrold of braveness;
I stretch my hand to hold; but
All become a mirage.
I console me.
One day I shall smile with thee,
This stream of tears I know shall not drawn me,
For amidst a broken heart in anguish,
I hear a poem telling me to move on.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Console Thou My Heart by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
- the second stanza is why you bought my b.., Mandolyn ...
- Te Acordaras De Mi, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)