Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Console Thou My Heart
Why do I have to swim this ocean of pains:
Stream of of coldness,
Why do I have to lurk upon this nymph of sorrow?
Crying agony upon the beating cymbals of anguish
While the drumbeat of sadness echoes deep in my heart?
Tell me WHY?
To whom shall I lay this jeremiad?
You left my world so cold,
No one to press me unto a bossom of consolation.
My peace all gone cos you're not there to hold my hand,
Behold me now like a chaff and
You lie sleeping with no disturbance while
In this cold world of freezing tears
I tread the path of agony.
Where is thy smile to teach me the path of love?
Where is thy sirenic voice to chant me hums
To open my heart to a wrold of braveness;
I stretch my hand to hold; but
All become a mirage.
I console me.
One day I shall smile with thee,
This stream of tears I know shall not drawn me,
For amidst a broken heart in anguish,
I hear a poem telling me to move on.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Console Thou My Heart by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Hard Morning 2, Michael McParland
- Please take my eyes out, Nassy Fesharaki
- In This State, Naveed Akram
- A Language, Susan Stewart
- We are the learned, gajanan mishra
- Four Lack Songs, Susan Stewart
- The Answer to Cancer, Edwina Reizer
- In The Past, Trumbull Stickney
- What is there in the sky, gajanan mishra
- I bow down, hasmukh amathalal