My thoughts, when fashioned into words,
Words which twist and interlock
And echo on themselves in rhyme and beat,
When sounded, ring like choruses of bells,
Or waves that swirl and separate and meet.
Words and thoughts, when married into form,
When joined and folded into shapes
Wherein their grasp holds to each other tight
And yet extends a reach into the world
Engenders sorcery to make a magic light.
So, complete, these origamis of the mind
Encage, engage a coterie of notions
That weld into a small totality
Like a perfect little paper boat
To be launched onto an endless sea.
Jan Sand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Composing by Jan Sand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai