Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
A comforted redundance has come to restrict,
Progress and its intent to move humanity forward.
Since repeated conflicts and interests in them,
Prevents a success and those hoping the best...
Of a life to live jeopardizes their wishes.
Now that all focus is on decadence.
And anyone trying to escape from this,
Is scrutinized to perceive themselves...
To be seeking for them what they can not get.
Especially if it has not met with approval.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.