These entities in the sky,
What ever will we call them?
They move across the night swiftly.
How about shooting stars?
How about we wish upon them?
Give us hope that dreams may come true.
Maybe they aren't even stars.
What if they are actually angels
Falling from grace,
Becoming one of us,
Playing a role as our guardian.
What makes us so special
To see such a wonderful sight?
Is there someone out there
Speaking through these tailed rocks?
Maybe they are giving us hope.
Maybe they are our guardians.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comets by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perceptions, Jaipal Singh
- Heroin, S.D. TIWARI
- 728 Days, Tara Stano
- Why do I write, S.D. TIWARI
- Stream of life, S.D. TIWARI
- We Must Learn, Jaipal Singh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -67, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku, bonsai, S.D. TIWARI
- The Bloody Power Politics of The CPI(M), Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku, butterflies fly, S.D. TIWARI