These entities in the sky,
What ever will we call them?
They move across the night swiftly.
How about shooting stars?
How about we wish upon them?
Give us hope that dreams may come true.
Maybe they aren't even stars.
What if they are actually angels
Falling from grace,
Becoming one of us,
Playing a role as our guardian.
What makes us so special
To see such a wonderful sight?
Is there someone out there
Speaking through these tailed rocks?
Maybe they are giving us hope.
Maybe they are our guardians.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comets by Devon McElveen )
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
- 'First Step', michael walkerjohn
- conkers, lee fones
- Big Bang Memory, Kim Barney
- Sum of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Two Snipers, michael walkerjohn
- It was a routine traffic stop, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Angel Wing, Anthony Di'anno
- Rant of a Sorcerer, Russell Nero
- Inspiration to Live, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)