Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
Come Back To My World
You promised of coming
And glittering my world with golden shine,
You promised of dawning
And lighting my life with heavenly sunshine.
I know, you meant it
And forfair'd to blossom my world with joy,
I know, you dreamt it
And grounded to give me wings to fly.
But, alas, you and I are shallow wells,
Nothing spring out of mere human efforts;
We are silent dolls without divine calls,
A thousand puzzles drown our dear thoughts.
Darkness does now pervade my world,
It's part of the ceaseless cosmic cycle;
But, disintegrated is your lovely world
For promising me that sublime miracle.
No sunshine I ever yearn,
No golden shine, no joy nor wings to fly;
Without you I go forfairn,
Languid, languorous, dry, and all day I cry.
Come back to my world,
You are the glittering sunshine I cherish;
Lo, hold me in your fold,
Or else I'm bound to ever slowly perish.
Darkness or sunshine I never care
Until I'm certain, each other we share;
When I go to lose you, it is all bare,
A life to live then ahead I never dare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Back To My World by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Insanity, Michael P. McParland
- Invisible, Michael P. McParland
- A Journey in a Winter Morning, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Uninvited Guests, Tony Adah
- I Am Not Evil, Michael P. McParland
- Great Black Spectre, Michael P. McParland
- I can not substitute the present for the.., cristobal Benjumea
- I am not responsible for the passed, cristobal Benjumea
- I'm So Sorry, Michael P. McParland
- Avoiding, Michael P. McParland