Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
Though one in soul and mind and body,
In several lives, we consoled each other,
And yearn to sail together to eternal time,
Why unseen hands enjoy keeping us apart?
Time does bring us near, life after life,
But raises oft walls impregnable to scale;
And mocks our fights to scale those walls,
And rejoices failures and falls we suffer.
Fate does ensure that we find each other,
While our bond moulds us for the struggle;
And life since then is mere fear and tears,
Receding hopes, pains, bare dark horizons.
We know, what ahead is like plucking stars –
Jumping to the sky and breaking bones;
But nothing holds back our will to try,
Till even an ounce blood holds us intact.
Sufferings, our fate; struggles, our path,
But tired we aren’t in trying our luck;
For, fear or tears, we do meet each other –
It’s our strength, sunshine in darkness.
We comfort not each other by our odd fate,
Only add to the grief and make life struggle;
But find in our grief, and struggle we make,
Pure celestial bliss of our impregnable bond.
Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Celestial Bliss by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Ghazal 2, Yasmeen Khan
- Friends No More, Kelly Shanks
- Shine goes, hasmukh amathalal
- Is the lady a tramp?, Israh Sadan
- Late night, Leong Ming Loong
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay
- She Loves Me, Omar Eldamsheety
- Face in the window, Israh Sadan
- Who the killer?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nested above the lavenders, maryline vautravers