'Climbing Out Of The Abyss'
An early morning sunrise,
cathces me off-guard.
The dawn of a new day,
has significant meaning for me today.
I let the rays of the sunshine touch my face,
God's hands gently caress,
reaching down from heaven above,
picking me up, filling me with His love.
His fingers spread, reaching out, touching me-
My body tingles with new excitement, new beginnings.
The early morning spring breeze,
makes me feel so alive and awake.
In fact, I've never felt so alive,
I've never felt so awake.
It wasn't long ago,
that I was on a decent into hell.
My life, my world, spiraling out of control.
Into the Abyss, I fell.
No way out, no hope-
Nothing but pain, agony, dispair and sin-
But with the love and faith of God,
my family and my friends-
I finally climbed out of that hole,
promising never to fall back in.
And now I sit in the afterglow
of a new self-identity, a higher self-esteem.
As the warmth of the morning sun
awakens my soul, setting it ablaze.
I have hope for my new-found life,
I have hope for many more sunny days,
I have hope that these words will touch you,
and lift you up in many different ways.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Climbing Out Of The Abyss' by Kelly Seale )
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'La Zona 37', Edward Kofi Louis
- Falling Down, Edward Kofi Louis
- FIRST LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Hidden treasure of her beauty, ademola oluwabusayo
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2010, Ronjoy Brahma
- not socially inclined, oskar hansen
- Goodwill To Men - Give Us Your Money, Pam Ayres
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)