'Climbing Out Of The Abyss'
An early morning sunrise,
cathces me off-guard.
The dawn of a new day,
has significant meaning for me today.
I let the rays of the sunshine touch my face,
God's hands gently caress,
reaching down from heaven above,
picking me up, filling me with His love.
His fingers spread, reaching out, touching me-
My body tingles with new excitement, new beginnings.
The early morning spring breeze,
makes me feel so alive and awake.
In fact, I've never felt so alive,
I've never felt so awake.
It wasn't long ago,
that I was on a decent into hell.
My life, my world, spiraling out of control.
Into the Abyss, I fell.
No way out, no hope-
Nothing but pain, agony, dispair and sin-
But with the love and faith of God,
my family and my friends-
I finally climbed out of that hole,
promising never to fall back in.
And now I sit in the afterglow
of a new self-identity, a higher self-esteem.
As the warmth of the morning sun
awakens my soul, setting it ablaze.
I have hope for my new-found life,
I have hope for many more sunny days,
I have hope that these words will touch you,
and lift you up in many different ways.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Climbing Out Of The Abyss' by Kelly Seale )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman
- can I be..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo