'Climbing Out Of The Abyss'
An early morning sunrise,
cathces me off-guard.
The dawn of a new day,
has significant meaning for me today.
I let the rays of the sunshine touch my face,
God's hands gently caress,
reaching down from heaven above,
picking me up, filling me with His love.
His fingers spread, reaching out, touching me-
My body tingles with new excitement, new beginnings.
The early morning spring breeze,
makes me feel so alive and awake.
In fact, I've never felt so alive,
I've never felt so awake.
It wasn't long ago,
that I was on a decent into hell.
My life, my world, spiraling out of control.
Into the Abyss, I fell.
No way out, no hope-
Nothing but pain, agony, dispair and sin-
But with the love and faith of God,
my family and my friends-
I finally climbed out of that hole,
promising never to fall back in.
And now I sit in the afterglow
of a new self-identity, a higher self-esteem.
As the warmth of the morning sun
awakens my soul, setting it ablaze.
I have hope for my new-found life,
I have hope for many more sunny days,
I have hope that these words will touch you,
and lift you up in many different ways.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Climbing Out Of The Abyss' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh