This new software is great.
I have the power to remove
homeless people by clicking
on the shopping cart icon.
I can remove intrusive new
mega-developments by clicking on
that pile of developer’s money on
the mayor’s desk.
And look: You can give the crooks
in jail the punishment they deserve
by clicking on the torch-wielding mob.
You may be wondering what happened
to that homeless lady I removed. Don’t
worry, I didn’t kill her. I simply removed
her. And the mayor’s payola? I didn’t
take it for myself. It’s just gone. Poof!
And that rapist? Don’t cry for him, he’s
getting what he deserves.
You could at least thank me for all my
good Works instead of blah blah orwell
and blah blah brave new world. As
long as you stay out of trouble, you
have nothing to worry about.
Michael Philips's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (City Planning by Michael Philips )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad
- In love power, hasmukh amathalal
- Arrivals, Maylee Bossy
- Companionship, Leong Ming Loong
- Remain helpless, hasmukh amathalal