This new software is great.
I have the power to remove
homeless people by clicking
on the shopping cart icon.
I can remove intrusive new
mega-developments by clicking on
that pile of developer’s money on
the mayor’s desk.
And look: You can give the crooks
in jail the punishment they deserve
by clicking on the torch-wielding mob.
You may be wondering what happened
to that homeless lady I removed. Don’t
worry, I didn’t kill her. I simply removed
her. And the mayor’s payola? I didn’t
take it for myself. It’s just gone. Poof!
And that rapist? Don’t cry for him, he’s
getting what he deserves.
You could at least thank me for all my
good Works instead of blah blah orwell
and blah blah brave new world. As
long as you stay out of trouble, you
have nothing to worry about.
Michael Philips's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (City Planning by Michael Philips )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote