It’s Christmas time, a time for cheer,
A chance to reflect on the past year.
On Christmases been and gone,
On tasks achieved and not done.
This Christmas holds for me, no joys,
I’m all grown up, there’ll be no toys.
My thoughts turn from xmas treats,
To absent friends and skipped heart beats.
My Christmas without you, seems quite bleak,
Not special, just another day in another week.
I miss your laughter, your smile, your eyes,
Our love, once strong, is gone and I’m left with whys.
So if Santa was real and I’d been a good boy,
I wouldn’t ask for chocolate nor a new toy.
I’d make one wish, simple and true,
I’d ask Santa, this Christmas, to be with you.
Dave Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Wishes by Dave Alexander )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Norman Doesn't Go to Ferguson, Missouri, Donal Mahoney
- طائر الرعد, سميح القاسم
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine