It’s Christmas time, a time for cheer,
A chance to reflect on the past year.
On Christmases been and gone,
On tasks achieved and not done.
This Christmas holds for me, no joys,
I’m all grown up, there’ll be no toys.
My thoughts turn from xmas treats,
To absent friends and skipped heart beats.
My Christmas without you, seems quite bleak,
Not special, just another day in another week.
I miss your laughter, your smile, your eyes,
Our love, once strong, is gone and I’m left with whys.
So if Santa was real and I’d been a good boy,
I wouldn’t ask for chocolate nor a new toy.
I’d make one wish, simple and true,
I’d ask Santa, this Christmas, to be with you.
Dave Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Wishes by Dave Alexander )
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett