Two years - time does fly
so quickly, and yet
not a day goes by
without thoughts of you.
It’s almost Christmas again
but our Christmases
are never the same
since you left.
Christmas will never be the same
it reminds us of our loss
we put on brave faces and your name
remains unspoken – Christmas is for kids.
A missing place at the table
missing presents under the tree
a missing voice – and we’re unable
to enjoy it without you.
Grieving is done alone
in the quiet times
when silent tears fall.
Tears for the man, the father
the husband, the life that might have been
the poet, the dreamer
if only, if only, if only we had seen.
Helen M Lawson 2011
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas 2011 by Helen Lawson )
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI