Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.'
O Christ you truly are, 'The Keeper of America's
Flame! ' O Christ please let your flame proudly
Proclaim our great and glorious country to truly be
'the land of the free, and the home of the brave! '
Long may the stars and stripes wave!
O Christ you truly are our nation's Bright and
Shining Beacon of Hope for strangers unable to cope
With inequality and oppression. O Christ you welcome
Them to America with justice and compassion!
O Christ you truly are our nation's most Brillant
Ray of Sunshine! Your merciful love divine keeps
America strong and free! A leader among all the nations
we will always be!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of Liberty. I read about Charlie, a writer of poems about the Statue
of Liberty, and decided to dedicate a poem to him.
I was several decades younger than today, and the world has
greatly changed, in many ways not for the better. But I still love
my country, despite its shortcomings, and still honor our flag.
Is America still an open door country? In many ways after September 11,2001, we have changed our positions in favor of The Department
of Homeland Security.
Comments about this poem (Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)