Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.'
O Christ you truly are, 'The Keeper of America's
Flame! ' O Christ please let your flame proudly
Proclaim our great and glorious country to truly be
'the land of the free, and the home of the brave! '
Long may the stars and stripes wave!
O Christ you truly are our nation's Bright and
Shining Beacon of Hope for strangers unable to cope
With inequality and oppression. O Christ you welcome
Them to America with justice and compassion!
O Christ you truly are our nation's most Brillant
Ray of Sunshine! Your merciful love divine keeps
America strong and free! A leader among all the nations
we will always be!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of Liberty. I read about Charlie, a writer of poems about the Statue
of Liberty, and decided to dedicate a poem to him.
I was several decades younger than today, and the world has
greatly changed, in many ways not for the better. But I still love
my country, despite its shortcomings, and still honor our flag.
Is America still an open door country? In many ways after September 11,2001, we have changed our positions in favor of The Department
of Homeland Security.
Comments about this poem (Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
- फैमालनि बिदिन्थि, Ronjoy Brahma
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)