Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.'
O Christ you truly are, 'The Keeper of America's
Flame! ' O Christ please let your flame proudly
Proclaim our great and glorious country to truly be
'the land of the free, and the home of the brave! '
Long may the stars and stripes wave!
O Christ you truly are our nation's Bright and
Shining Beacon of Hope for strangers unable to cope
With inequality and oppression. O Christ you welcome
Them to America with justice and compassion!
O Christ you truly are our nation's most Brillant
Ray of Sunshine! Your merciful love divine keeps
America strong and free! A leader among all the nations
we will always be!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of Liberty. I read about Charlie, a writer of poems about the Statue
of Liberty, and decided to dedicate a poem to him.
I was several decades younger than today, and the world has
greatly changed, in many ways not for the better. But I still love
my country, despite its shortcomings, and still honor our flag.
Is America still an open door country? In many ways after September 11,2001, we have changed our positions in favor of The Department
of Homeland Security.
Comments about this poem (Christ, 'The Keeper of the Flame.' by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey