Chaos In Corpus Callosum
my corpus callosum
has a big lesion
that silences signal.
it's natural to feel
outraged and enraged
psychotic with paranoia.
so, as a precaution
against an overdose
i'm swallowing medication
and it seems to help
stabilize the situation
The corpus callosum is a bundle of neural fibers which connects the left and right cerebral hemispheres of the brain and facilitates interhemispheric communication. It is anatomically flawed; signals become mostly noise.
The result? Man, by nature, is mad.
Our dysfunctional corpus callosum is our 'original sin'; its repair, the only salvation I see for Man's longer term survival.
For more on this topic, see my Forum post 'Brief Requiem For The English Editor.'
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chaos In Corpus Callosum by doug bentley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay