Chaos In Corpus Callosum
my corpus callosum
has a big lesion
that silences signal.
it's natural to feel
outraged and enraged
psychotic with paranoia.
so, as a precaution
against an overdose
i'm swallowing medication
and it seems to help
stabilize the situation
The corpus callosum is a bundle of neural fibers which connects the left and right cerebral hemispheres of the brain and facilitates interhemispheric communication. It is anatomically flawed; signals become mostly noise.
The result? Man, by nature, is mad.
Our dysfunctional corpus callosum is our 'original sin'; its repair, the only salvation I see for Man's longer term survival.
For more on this topic, see my Forum post 'Brief Requiem For The English Editor.'
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chaos In Corpus Callosum by doug bentley )
- Only People XXXVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Music to My Ears XXXIX, Sadiqullah Khan
- Naked Storm XL, Sadiqullah Khan
- Democracy in Decay XLI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Boundless Honor XLII, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Man Who Lived In Layers, Noah Body
- Again They Come XLIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Prologued (An Oration) XLIV, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Launch XLV, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hashtnagar (Eight Cities) XLVI, Sadiqullah Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)