It's not about how many times you've fallen
'Slain by the Spirit' as some would say-
And it does not matter if in tongues you have spoken
It's what's inside the heart that matters today.
For many are hyped by these manifestations
A faith seeking signs it can see, understand-
Visible proof of miraculous impressions
But is not grounded on the Word, it will never stand.
Carnal at best with the trappings of religion,
Self-righteousness at the marvels it can do-
It finally falls prey to decay and corruption,
Without knowing Who God is - it can never be true.
For God does His manifestations for His glory,
Bear in mind there's a purpose for all that goes on,
His gifts are for serving, not diplay or our folly
It is all about Him and about what He has done!
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~02.28.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Carnal by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui