It's not about how many times you've fallen
'Slain by the Spirit' as some would say-
And it does not matter if in tongues you have spoken
It's what's inside the heart that matters today.
For many are hyped by these manifestations
A faith seeking signs it can see, understand-
Visible proof of miraculous impressions
But is not grounded on the Word, it will never stand.
Carnal at best with the trappings of religion,
Self-righteousness at the marvels it can do-
It finally falls prey to decay and corruption,
Without knowing Who God is - it can never be true.
For God does His manifestations for His glory,
Bear in mind there's a purpose for all that goes on,
His gifts are for serving, not diplay or our folly
It is all about Him and about what He has done!
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~02.28.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Carnal by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick