It's not about how many times you've fallen
'Slain by the Spirit' as some would say-
And it does not matter if in tongues you have spoken
It's what's inside the heart that matters today.
For many are hyped by these manifestations
A faith seeking signs it can see, understand-
Visible proof of miraculous impressions
But is not grounded on the Word, it will never stand.
Carnal at best with the trappings of religion,
Self-righteousness at the marvels it can do-
It finally falls prey to decay and corruption,
Without knowing Who God is - it can never be true.
For God does His manifestations for His glory,
Bear in mind there's a purpose for all that goes on,
His gifts are for serving, not diplay or our folly
It is all about Him and about what He has done!
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~02.28.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Carnal by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla