Caged... Like A Three Legged Pig.
Do not seek refuge in the places that I do,
Such places would do you no good.
This is all around me, It follows me there.
I am told it is not necessary to fear one's own kind,
Tell me, Do you?
Only animals, Broken in spirit,
Soil the place they eat and sleep,
I walk through your steel jungle,
I can not stand the stench of your filth,
The same filth that tars my lung, stains my teeth.
Do you feel free?
Do you feel like a once proud beast,
One tied, Drugged and placed in captivity.
You sleep in your own excrement.
I walk aimlessly, unburdened by map,
I walk amongst all this I can not escape.
I capture it on film,
Each morning, trying to seek beauty in this cage,
Still, It keeps me awake,
The spoken words, The sound of machines, The hum of neon - Like a thousand flies swarming around all this decay.
For me, No escape.
Do not seek refuge in the places I do, Such places would do you no good.
H.J. Shreeve's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Caged... Like A Three Legged Pig. by H.J. Shreeve )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho
- The Fountain Of Youth, Jim Yerman
- 'Golden-Boy', Edward Kofi Louis
- After The Rain, Ronald Chapman
- अराय सैथो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Having Premarital Sex, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vision of India, Laxman Rao
- Under The Big Oak Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- As You Came Along, Edward Kofi Louis