By The Fireplace
Flames in the fireplace.
Hands that touched them, got burnt
but now know their heat.
Flames having no power
over me, unlike wild dreams
never to be fulfilled.
A little log untouched
by fire. Like a soul who braved
the world and won.
Smoke rising aloft.
Eyes that follow it, breaking
free from gravity.
Vassilis Comporozos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (By The Fireplace by Vassilis Comporozos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael McParland
- A Witness, Abraham Sutzkever
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Brooding, Michael McParland
- In The Bliss..., John Ugolo Umah
- Breathing Space, Michael McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael McParland
- Another One, John Ugolo Umah
- Blackness, Michael McParland