By The Fireplace
Flames in the fireplace.
Hands that touched them, got burnt
but now know their heat.
Flames having no power
over me, unlike wild dreams
never to be fulfilled.
A little log untouched
by fire. Like a soul who braved
the world and won.
Smoke rising aloft.
Eyes that follow it, breaking
free from gravity.
Vassilis Comporozos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (By The Fireplace by Vassilis Comporozos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey