I want to find my peace again
Within this wretched world
Go back before the pain and stress
I felt had finally unfurled.
The solid ground I step upon
Has no purpose in my life
And the air I breathe with the echoing sounds
Pierce me like a burning knife.
I’m fed up with this world
The things I don’t want to bother
It seems to me my only peace
Will be found underwater.
And so it seems that I must plunge
In order for me to relieve
The stress that’ll fade when submerged
And I no longer need to breathe.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breathe by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico