Did I hear you say the rocks
Have all been blasted?
And how about such impatient
Waters that must rush from their
We dance to the rough tunes
Of desolate death, here in this
Arid homestead. Gently, we shall
Commence the rituals for the
Invitation of the wind, now the
Sun has quenched his own fire.
The rocks knew the fate of silence
And broke it on the spine of time.
The cocks’ crow was muted by
The strength of darkness, and elegy
Of the rocks was sung by maggots
Beneath the moss-ridden vaults of
An alcoholic square.
Floods will quicken their steps
Towards the doorposts of the clergy,
Who chastises weak flames of candles
That burn wax in vainglorious stupor.
Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking News by Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper