Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu Poems
- Ebbe Endloser Regen Nach der Sintflut kommt die ...
- In The Diary Kingdoms Queendoms Earthdoms Walk on stilts,
- This Heritage In this arid circumstance, on a collage of ...
- Roots (For Alex Haley) Pensile clouds of a new Truth ...
- The Muezzin Before light’s encroaching Beams, across ...
- Verdigris And Wasted Talents Verdigris is the evidence of ...
- Sunday Paper Sunday rises gallantly from behind Distant ...
Son of a Headmaster and a Superintendent of schools, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu, Nigerian poet, novelist and short story writer, was born to Francis and Mary Ogbuagu in the course of the internecine Nigeria/Biafra War. Ogbuagu attended the prestigious Government Secondary School, Owerri, Nigeria, where he began writing fiction in Form 4 and at the age of 15. Ogbuagu has always made it known that he inherited his creative gift from both his parents: his father wrote and published the history of his town in the 1960s; his mother possessed a rare power of oral description embellished in rich poetry. Ogbuagu holds a BA in history, and an M.Sc in International Affairs and Diplomacy. Over the years, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
Nach der Sintflut kommt die ausgehungerte Ebbe
zieht das Wasser zurück
lässt die Böden flüchten
auf unbeholfenen rutschigen Füssen.
Vom Donner getroffen,
von gezackten Blitzen geküsst,
weit ausholend geworfen,
hängen ausgezehrte Fischernetze der Großväter
von den Bambusmasten.
Zeit der Gespenster
die Tod in sich tragen,
wenn grausames Gelächter
vom Rande des Dorfes
zu uns herüberfliegt.