I lived in the most dangerous
part of the world
At first I felt alone. I was petrified,
but I survived.
The bombs the bullets
killing my friends, neighbours
Bullets flying, bombs exploding,
the eve of destruction.
But I survived I survived,
I wasn't, ready to die
It made me wonder how evil grows
sprinkled by hate
But there could be a new generation
with an explanation
Why did it happen,
is there a cure for diseased corrupt minds.
I just had to move on
this long and scary winding road.
Things just looked very cold
I'll maybe die before I'm old
Each day I become more immune
to what's on my TV
Living in this dead mans town
oh god I long to be free.
Could they not see nobody's right
if everybody's wrong
Two sides kept singing
two very different victory songs.
Through this all I keep looking
for the shoots of sanity
Can we all not live like others
, eat, live and die in peace.
Or watch their apprentices
building the walls of hate
I now just live day by day
hoping their walls will tumble.
Douglas McClarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black Days by Douglas McClarty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Hypnosis, Naveed Khalid
- Dancing with Santa, Kirti Gupta
- Welcome to Heaven, Tayyab Ijaz
- Shakespeherian Rag, Naveed Khalid
- God with Us, Paul Sebastian
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Peshawar massacre, Ejaz Khan