Bewitching Battle on Curdi, Pirate Adventures (16)
Completely reckless, I charged forward
advancing quickly toward her retreating form.
I gazed in concave eyes, her left arm stirred
unimpressed by the fury of my scorn.
I raised my hand and lunged with my knife;
she quickly sidestepped and I felt a blow
befall the right side of my head cold as ice,
stunned, I kissed the ground, then shaken rose.
She was more agile than expected
accomplished with the weapon of her craft,
I was more cautious, feinting, protecting
my flank as the witch spun her deadly staff.
I circled wide looking for a weakness
hunched over keeping my head and body low,
pressing close, hard, then retreating
as her eyes shone with a venomous glow.
I switched knife hands blade in then jutting out;
she countered with unimaginable skill,
I used the uneven stones to create a rout
moving in sharply for the kill.
I grasped her and splayed her upon the altar;
she kicked away my knife cutting her leg,
I attempted strangling with renewed fervor
ridding the world of this treasonous sage.
Powerful spells, words spewing from her lips
hoarse incantations with bedeviling sounds
unknowing I slowly loosened my grip,
her staff knocked me unconscious to the ground.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bewitching Battle on Curdi, Pirate Adventures (16) by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
- Godspeed, Heipeuding Ilunglung
- Different things in life anytime and any.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Laud The Lord, Donald R Charon
- RELEASED TO LOVE AGAIN, Donald R Charon
- SIMPLY US, The lonely wanderer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)