Bewitching Battle on Curdi, Pirate Adventures (16)
Completely reckless, I charged forward
advancing quickly toward her retreating form.
I gazed in concave eyes, her left arm stirred
unimpressed by the fury of my scorn.
I raised my hand and lunged with my knife;
she quickly sidestepped and I felt a blow
befall the right side of my head cold as ice,
stunned, I kissed the ground, then shaken rose.
She was more agile than expected
accomplished with the weapon of her craft,
I was more cautious, feinting, protecting
my flank as the witch spun her deadly staff.
I circled wide looking for a weakness
hunched over keeping my head and body low,
pressing close, hard, then retreating
as her eyes shone with a venomous glow.
I switched knife hands blade in then jutting out;
she countered with unimaginable skill,
I used the uneven stones to create a rout
moving in sharply for the kill.
I grasped her and splayed her upon the altar;
she kicked away my knife cutting her leg,
I attempted strangling with renewed fervor
ridding the world of this treasonous sage.
Powerful spells, words spewing from her lips
hoarse incantations with bedeviling sounds
unknowing I slowly loosened my grip,
her staff knocked me unconscious to the ground.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bewitching Battle on Curdi, Pirate Adventures (16) by Captain Cur )
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI