ohhhhh what to do,
theres oh so many things,
so very perfect about you.
from the very first verse,
that you ever whispered to me,
i could tell there was nothing else,
so damn beautiful to see.
so i fell deeper and deeper,
and we grew stronger and stronger,
and i knew i found a keeper,
no need to search any longer.
with the eyes of a heavenly angel,
love like a mysterious spell,
a smile brighter than the shining sun,
this one is outdone by none.
all that i am, all that we are,
whether were sailing on a silver star,
or riding in a police car,
whether we aim for par,
or shoot way too far,
it wont matter in the end,
whether we spend, misspend, defend or offend,
because ill still have my best friend.
Tyler Tuck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Best Friend by Tyler Tuck )
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)