Saif Al Rahbi
Bells Will Not Toll Tonight
The storm in front of my door
will not subside tonight.
Its Herculean armies have slammed shut the doors.
In the church's fading light
I glance at monks pulling handcarts,
fleeing to the mountains
on horses that stretch and strain in the wind
as if from the Byzantine age.
On this memorial night,
bells will not toll,
the storm will never subside.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bells Will Not Toll Tonight by Saif Al Rahbi )
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla