Being Bluein Switzerland
I walk along the shore of Lake Lucerne
The sunlight glimmers on the water
and pigeons eat crumbs under the trees.
The wind is cold, so I button my black jacket and tighten my woolen mufflers.
Dew still clings to the red and yellow tulips.
Lovers embrace on the wooden piers while slowly
the boat from Gotthard sails into port.
Two swans and a duck float near
the piers, seeking the bread a man has thrown
into the water, there under the blue sky.
I feel lonely by the shore of Lake Lucerne.
I hold my head high and whistle a tune.
Cirilo Bautista's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Bluein Switzerland by Cirilo Bautista )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra