Behind That Brown Frown
I am dying to find out what’s hidden behind that frown.
I am ready to kneel, to beg, and to really get down,
Like the departed soul’s brother Mr. James Brown.
If only you could sporadically or overtly smile,
I would be able to decipher or to label your style.
This behooves me that I have been unable to find an answer.
I am eager to comprehend the rhythm, the power
That you have on me, on my heart, and on my soul.
This is strange; this is unbelievably unusual
That I cannot fully understand your charisma,
The tempo and the beat of your samba.
Let me drown behind that brown frown,
Let me dive-in, dig-in and get-down,
All day long and all night long for years.
Those emotions bring salty tears
To my eyes. I long to be swinging in your arms,
To be wheedled in your sweet palms,
And to paint you with love and charms.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind That Brown Frown by Hebert Logerie )
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)