Behind That Brown Frown
I am dying to find out what’s hidden behind that frown.
I am ready to kneel, to beg, and to really get down,
Like the departed soul’s brother Mr. James Brown.
If only you could sporadically or overtly smile,
I would be able to decipher or to label your style.
This behooves me that I have been unable to find an answer.
I am eager to comprehend the rhythm, the power
That you have on me, on my heart, and on my soul.
This is strange; this is unbelievably unusual
That I cannot fully understand your charisma,
The tempo and the beat of your samba.
Let me drown behind that brown frown,
Let me dive-in, dig-in and get-down,
All day long and all night long for years.
Those emotions bring salty tears
To my eyes. I long to be swinging in your arms,
To be wheedled in your sweet palms,
And to paint you with love and charms.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind That Brown Frown by Hebert Logerie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan