Behind That Brown Frown
I am dying to find out what’s hidden behind that frown.
I am ready to kneel, to beg, and to really get down,
Like the departed soul’s brother Mr. James Brown.
If only you could sporadically or overtly smile,
I would be able to decipher or to label your style.
This behooves me that I have been unable to find an answer.
I am eager to comprehend the rhythm, the power
That you have on me, on my heart, and on my soul.
This is strange; this is unbelievably unusual
That I cannot fully understand your charisma,
The tempo and the beat of your samba.
Let me drown behind that brown frown,
Let me dive-in, dig-in and get-down,
All day long and all night long for years.
Those emotions bring salty tears
To my eyes. I long to be swinging in your arms,
To be wheedled in your sweet palms,
And to paint you with love and charms.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind That Brown Frown by Hebert Logerie )
- having words with the thermostat, Mandolyn ...
- Poetry, Poetry, The Heart of The Matter, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Arsenal Shirt, Mark Hamilton
- Save Ther Poor Daughter of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Orchestra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- E-rated poemier- go slow, Elvis Airohi
- Songs of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- E-rated poemier- if it had ended, Elvis Airohi
- Upon His Face, david kush
- Abel, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)