Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Beauty of Friendship
How can I resist the beauty of friendship
when it beacons the soul to rejoice
over acts of love and mercies?
How can I be deaf to the notes of friendship
when the act of rejoicing echoes melodies
of joy that brings sunshine to dark clouds of tears?
How can I ignore the beauty of friendship
when it is able to merge the past, the present
and the future in the common experiences in time
stamped in albums, videos and other images
reflecting our young and wrinkled faces?
How can I ever bury friendship
when it sows the seeds of beauty and joy
in the heart, when encounters are marked
by the wish of eternity in time,
of saying only hellos and never goodbyes?
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty of Friendship by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo