Lillian M. Lewis
Beauty Fades Away
There is one thing I want but never had.
I can not buy it and I am so sad.
Mother would have given it to me,
If she had chosen her other beau. But, she chose the one with inside beauty
that eyes can not see,
And not the other one with great outside
beauty, who was as charming as could be.
Dad was the one with the inside beauty that
will always stay.
It is not like outside beauty that with time,
fades away. Many people had great beauty at birth,
But, little or none when they left this earth,
Like time, it slowly passes away,
Until there was little, or none one day. I am now no longer sad, because of the outside
beauty I never had.
More important is my inside beauty from my Mom
It is deep inside me where it will always stay,
Because it can not be taken away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty Fades Away by Lillian M. Lewis )
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns