Lillian M. Lewis
Beauty Fades Away
There is one thing I want but never had.
I can not buy it and I am so sad.
Mother would have given it to me,
If she had chosen her other beau. But, she chose the one with inside beauty
that eyes can not see,
And not the other one with great outside
beauty, who was as charming as could be.
Dad was the one with the inside beauty that
will always stay.
It is not like outside beauty that with time,
fades away. Many people had great beauty at birth,
But, little or none when they left this earth,
Like time, it slowly passes away,
Until there was little, or none one day. I am now no longer sad, because of the outside
beauty I never had.
More important is my inside beauty from my Mom
It is deep inside me where it will always stay,
Because it can not be taken away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty Fades Away by Lillian M. Lewis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka